Golf Rangefinder Reviews
Rangefinders have revolutionized many sports including golf so that is why you should check out the best golf rangefinder reviews .
Everywhere you look, golf gadgets and products promise you straight drives, lower scores and that you’ll be the envy of your golf buddies. Even the best golf rangefinder won’t straighten out your tee shot but it’s is a must-have for any golfer looking to land their ball right on target. golf rangefinder reviews
After all, how can you hit your target without knowing exactly how far it is from you?
The best golf rangefinders have earned their place in the sport by first, eliminating the caddie with the yardage book, and secondly, phasing out the need to depend on yardage markers and other landmarks.
Nowadays, it’s unlikely for many to be without a golf rangefinder when taking on the course, either professionally or leisurely.
We set out to find the best rangefinder in each price range in 2018 to help you make better decisions on the course. So we bought them.golf rangefinder reviews
If you’re reading this review, it’s obvious you don’t want to be caught empty handed, or worse, asking your buddy to pull a distance reading for you… every hole. You definitely don’t want to be “that” guy.
To help you decide which is the ultimate device for your needs, we have reviewed the top golf rangefinder reviews of 2019 both with and without slope.
Also Read:- Best Golf Laser Rangefinder
How We Tested Best Golf Rangefinder for Reviews
Over the course of the test, golfers lasered flagsticks from three different distances. The flagsticks were outfitted with reflective prisms to best evaluate the laser’s effectiveness at capturing a distance to a flag.
To establish whether the distance produced was consistent and accurate, testers shot each distance ten times with each device golf rangefinder reviews.
We found that some products struggled to pick up the target at the longest distance. If a product failed to acquire the correct target in three tries, the incorrect distance was recorded.
Best Golf Rangefinder Reviews
Nikon Coolshot 20 Golf Rangefinder
You do not need a large and expensive rangefinder to get accurate measurements and for convenient use because a small and compact one like the Nikon Coolshot 20 still works well. It is also a lightweight rangefinder that is easy to handle, and it will slide into the pocket with ease. And despite its small size it also comes with some impressive features.
These features include the First Target Priority Mode, 8-second Continuous Measurement, and 6X magnification. It is also a very versatile tool that you can use to target other objects besides from the flagstick, and it is weatherproof to make it ideal for use even in inclement weather.
golf rangefinder reviews
Features and Specifications
- Versatile Tool: Although most golfers will use the rangefinder to locate the flag the Nikon Coolshot 20 is quite a versatile tool. You can use it to range any object that is in its sights such as trees, lakes, bunkers and even golf carts.
- First Target Priority Mode: This technology ensures that you get the distances to the object that you target first when there are many others around it. This feature is very beneficial when targeting a flagstick that is in front of trees or bushes.
- 8-Second Continuous Measurement: When you push the power button this rangefinder will range continuously for 8 seconds. Doing this helps you to find distances to small and thin targets such as mounds and hazards.
- Weatherproof: You can use the Coolshot 20 even in inclement weather thanks to the choice of materials and technology that allows it to have a wide temperature tolerance and also makes it waterproof.
- It is a small and compact rangefinder that will be very easy to handle and use.
- Nikon makes it very user-friendly, and even beginner golfers should not have any difficulties.
- The price is quite competitive, and this is more so if you compare to others on the market with similar features.
- It is a USGA compliant device meaning you can use it for tournaments.
- Apart from targeting the flag, you can also use it to target other objects that are within its range.
- The rainproof material and its broad temperature tolerance make this rangefinder ideal for use in inclement weather without risk of damage.
- It does not have other features like slope measurement that you can get on other high-end Nikon rangefinders.
- Many golfers would prefer something bulkier as it feels more stable on the hand.
Bushnell Tour V4 Jolt – Best Golf Rangefinder 2019
Bushnell golf Rangefinders are some of the best in the market, and this is why thousands of golfers across the world trust them. Tour V4 comes with PinSeeker that helps you locate the flag and Jolt Technology that will make it vibrate when you have it locked. It also has 5X Magnification, Slope Technology in Slope version, and Fast Focus System. This rangefinder can give you distances that are anything between 5 and 1000 yards and it uses a rechargeable CR2 3-Volt battery.
golf rangefinder reviews
Features and Specifications
- PinSeeker with Jolt Tech: The PinSeeker technology will let you locate the flag even without seeing it, but this device also has Jolt, and so it will produce vibration bursts when the rangefinder locks on the pin.
- Range: It can measure distances that are anything between 5 and 1000 yards and more than 400 yards to the flag while maintaining and accuracy of +/- 1 yard at all times.
- 5X Magnification and Fast Focus: 5X Magnification might not seem like much, but it works with the Fast Focus Feature to ensure that you target quickly and see the target clearly.
- Slope Technology (in Slope Version): The distances that you get when using this device are very accurate because it uses Slope Technology to compensate for elevation.
- Battery: It comes with a CR2 (3-Volt) battery that is rechargeable to ensure convenience and continued use of the device.
- Extras: You also get a premium carry case for transporting the rangefinder, and it comes with an impressive 2-year warranty.
- The ergonomic design, lightweight, and compact design make it a good buy.
- Slope technology has a huge benefit for golfers if you choose a slope version
- It focuses very quickly.
- The price tag is quite fair.
- It only has one control button for everything, and this makes it easy to use.
- Jolt feature is fantastic and also a significant advantage.
- Bushnell Tour V4 is one of the most accurate rangefinders from Bushnell.
- The 5X magnification is still not the best.
- Slope feature is not legal for some tournaments.
- It needs some steady hands to work well.
- The battery can be quite hard to insert.
Bushnell Pro X2 Rangefinder
A rangefinder is one of the most helpful devices when on the course, and so you should always ensure that you have the best. The Bushnell Pro X2 is one of the best that you can get, and it features Pinseaker with Jolt Tech, a Dual Display, Slope-Switch tech and 6X Magnification. It also has Stable-Grip to make it easy to operate and an armored housing for durability.
golf rangefinder reviews
Features and Specifications
- PinSeeker with Jolt: The PinSeeker is one of those technologies that you should always look for when shopping for a rangefinder. Bushnell Pro X2 has the PinSeeker technology to make it easy to locate the pin and Jolt to let you know when you lock onto the flagstick.
- Dual Display: With this rangefinder, you get to pick between a vivid red and sharp black display depending on your preferences and the prevailing weather conditions or lighting.
- Stable-Grip: Excessive shaking of the hands is one of the most common causes of inaccurate readings when using a rangefinder. But the Pro X2 uses Stable-Grip to make it easy to operate for accurate readings by preventing excessive shaking of your hands.
- Slope-Switch Tech: The slope compensation feature is one of the best features of this rangefinder. But what makes it even more appealing is that it also has a Slope-Switch to make it easy to move to and from the slope compensation feature.
- Armored Housing: This rangefinder comes in a sturdy and waterproof metal casing that protects it from damages and also makes it suitable for use even in wet weather.
- This rangefinder is sturdy, and it has an appealing overall look.
- You can toggle between two different displays.
- Changing to or from the slope compensating feature is quick and easy thanks to the slope-switch technology.
- It is an accurate rangefinder that has a long enough range.
- The sturdy and waterproof housing prevent damages from accidental falls while also making it suitable for use in any weather.
- It uses stable-grip to ensure that you can hold and operate it well with minimum shaking.
- Jolt tech produces vibrations that will alert you when you lock on to your target.
- It is a tournament legal rangefinder
- The price will be on the higher end for many golfers.
- Some of the features will take long to get used to, and beginners might also fuind some of the data complicated.
Precision Pro Golf NX7 Pro – Best Slope Golf Rangefinder
A rangefinder is an essential golf equipment that every golfer should have when on the course as it makes distance measurement easier and more accurate. And with something high-performing and top-notch quality like the Precision Pro Golf NX7, you can always be confident of reliable and accurate measurements.
It is a convenient gadget with adaptive slope function that makes it legal for use in tournaments, target acquisition technology, pulse vibration technology and a range of up to 400 yards. Also, it has a 6X magnification and is both shock and waterproof for enhanced durability.
But what many golfers will love most about it is that it comes with a free battery replacement which will save you money in the long run as you will never have to buy a battery. And it has clear and crisp optics to make it easy to read the measurements.
golf rangefinder reviews
Features and Specifications- What Makes It the Best?
- Adaptive Slope: The Adaptive Slope technology is one of the key highlights of this rangefinder as it not only compensates for elevation but can also be turned off to make this a tournament legal rangefinder.
- Pulse Vibration Technology: You will never have to guess when you lock onto your target or even have to look at the display because the rangefinder is designed to deliver a short vibration to alert you that you are locked on to the pin.
- Target Acquisition Technology: An impressive feature designed to scan objects in your field of view and focus on your desired target to ensure maximum accuracy.
- Range: Although the 400-yard range might not seem long enough when compared to what other high-end rangefinders have to offer, it should still be more than enough for most golf courses. And to make it even better, this rangefinder maintains an accuracy of +/-1 yard throughout.
- Magnification: With up to 6X magnification, this rangefinder is designed to let you see the flag and other things clearer and much closer.
- Free Battery Replacement: Besides coming with a free battery, the manufacturer also provides a free battery replacement for the lifetime of this rangefinder, and so you will never have to buy one.
- Adaptive slope technology makes it tournament legal
- Highly accurate measurements
- Compact and lightweight design
- Easy and accurate target acquisition
- Water-resistant design makes it ideal for use in wet conditions
- Picks up flag easily
- Crisp and clear optics
- Free battery replacement
- Relatively short range
- Plastic case feels a little cheaply made
TecTecTec VPRO500 Rangefinder – Best Golf Rangefinder for the Money
Shopping for a rangefinder is not the easiest thing for a golfer since there are many options to choose from, and each one claims to be the best. However, if you want something that will save you a lot of cash and still offer you accuracy, efficiency and versatility then the VPRO500 is what you need to buy. It is very efficient in pinpointing your targets and can provide you with accurate measurements for up to 550 yards. Although it uses modern and very solid materials, it also has a soft and very sleek superficial coating to make it a very attractive machine. And the best thing is that you get all this value without having to spend a fortune.
golf rangefinder reviews
Features and Specifications – What Makes It the Best?
- High-Tech Optics: It has a state of the art optical system and a six times magnification that brings everything close. Add this to the plus or minus one-yard accuracy and you have a sound device. The other things that take it a notch higher are the multi-coated optics and finger intuitive mode of operation.
- Trio Modes: The three modes used to locate the pin are one of the things that make the VPRO500 unique and hence worth buying. These forms include the “First Target Priority” that will focus on the flagstick despite any distractions in the background. The other ones are “ProScan” and “Distance Target Priority”.
- Auto-Target Acquisition Tech: Unlike other rangefinders, it can slough off the signals coming from other large objects on the course and only focus on the Pin or any other target that you wish.
- Compact and Lightweight: This device only weighs seven ounces, and this makes it one of the lightest in the market or at least within its class. Its compact design also makes it easy to carry around the course and also when storing it.
- Sturdy and Durable: Although it is very light it is made from a very tough material, and it also has a padded casing designed to cushion it against any impacts. Its gloss surface will also prevent the accumulation of foreign particles and dust and hence ensuring that it serves you for many years.
- It is lightweight, compact.
- VPRO500 provides prompt measurement readouts and has an auto shut-off. Its operation is through a single button and has an adjustable control.
- With Pinsensor Technology, this device is perfect for flag pinpoint precision.
- It is resistant to dust and water.
- VPRO500 is easy to carry around as well as easier storage and transport. It has straps to attach to a bag or suspend on your shoulders to use it effortlessly during tournaments and other activities.
- The Tec Tec Tec VPRO500 was the lack of a 100% water resistant coating as a downside. Therefore, it can not use in inclement weather.
This is the list of laser golf rangefinder reviews 2019. They are best in their features and ideal to use. A professional player or a beginner can choose any one of them according to his requirements and budget. These golf range finders are superb to use because of their extraordinary features so you can choose any one of them.
Golf Rangefinder Buying Guide
As we are reviewing best golf rangefinder Let’s focus on the buying guide now. There are certain things that you need to keep in mind when you are planning to buy a golf rangefinder. This section is all about that. Obviously, you won’t be required to meet all of these requirements. That’s not logical. But they will give you an idea of the things to look for when searching for the best golf rangefinders out there.
If your rangefinder does not offer you any bit of feature that could elevate and complete your user experience, then we’re sorry to say this but you bought yourself a monocular. golf rangefinder reviews
Don’t be that guy. Pay attention to features since this is essentially what will decide the efficacy of your finder at the end of the day. Some basic features should at least includes things like magnification (possibly from 4X onwards), pin seeker and conversion (we will cover this shortly). However, if you are looking forward to some advanced features then you may want to look into things like golf modes, target priority modes, and so on.
First of all, begin by deciding on the range you would require on the golf course.There’s nothing to explain here since it is pretty self-explanatory. The range will decide the distance (in yards or meters) your rangefinder will scan up to. Choose a range a little higher than what you know your shots are capable of. Choose a rangefinder that offers you 500 yards at least. And refrain from buying a rangefinder with a range too high if it is no use to you since range does add up to the price. However, if you have some extra bucks to splurge then go all out! golf rangefinder reviews
Now, let’s bust this issue right here: unit conversions. Most rangefinders will show you the distance in yards, by default. And this seems to be an awfully common problem with many golfers.
If you are one of them, then we would recommend that you check before purchasing. Check if the finder allows you to covert distances from yard to meter, and of course, vice versa. This could be easily done by pressing down on a button nearest to the start button for a few seconds. Keep your eyes open for those problematic ones that make you adjust the unit every time you are checking a new distance. golf rangefinder reviews
Laser rangefinders use….well, laser to find out the distance whereas, GPS rangefinders use pre-loaded course as an “already-ready’ for reference for distance measurements. GPS is faster since every distance is pre-loaded and calculated, but bear in mind that GPS rangefinders don’t work for every course or country. In addition, sometimes you may even have to pay subscription fees to access your course.
Laser or GPS, or both?
Laser rangefinders use….well, laser to find out the distance whereas, GPS rangefinders use pre-loaded course as an “already-ready’ for reference for distance measurements. GPS is faster since every distance is pre-loaded and calculated, but bear in mind that GPS rangefinders don’t work for every course or country. In addition, sometimes you may even have to pay subscription fees to access your course. golf rangefinder reviews
Rechargeable or Battery-Powered
Here’s something you have to decide entirely because it is one of those things which will forever vary from people to people.
Each power source, however, has their own pros and cons. Rechargeable rangefinders are great because they will, even to the smallest extent, be lighter. These types of rangefinders are economical and power-efficient as well.
golf rangefinder reviews
Battery-powered finders on the other hand, allow you to use the finder continuously as you please. If one battery runs out, you can insert another and carry on, see? Nevertheless, here is the problem with them: they can be expensive in the long run. The battery used in most rangefinders is a CR2, which can easily cost above $10 each if you, are into the good stuff.
Rangefinders are small as is, but you may want to look for something that you will be able to fit into your pocket or hold for an hour or two without any fatigue.
Also, look for finders that have a nice, textured grip or ones that complement the curves of your fingers or palm.
After Sales Security
Smart consumers should, in fact everybody should take warranties seriously.
However, we have learned it the hard way that maybe warranties shouldn’t be a headache to you anymore. And if it is for something super cheap, unreliable and from an insincere company, then we say forget about it. However, when it comes with expensive rangefinders then this equation obviously changes. golf rangefinder reviews
We in fact, also encourage you to look out for money-back offers, trials, and lifetime guarantees and make the most of them. A great customer service is also very appealing so keep a lookout for great brands with great customer base, reviews and so on.
There’s nothing that makes your stomach more warm and fuzzy than opening the newly arrived box to find heaps of accessories with you purchase, other than the manual of course. And it is even more amazing when they are useful!
This feature isn’t something we would deem mandatory or compulsory, but hey, nobody’s has ever complained about complementary stuff! Look for lanyards that go around your wrists or neck. This way it will be closer to you and you can pick it up fast anytime you need it. It will also make sure that you don’t lose it. And it is also great if your rangefinder comes with a quality pouch or carrying case. Keeps them organized and safe from damages.
Worst case scenario: your rangefinder doesn’t come with any. In that case, we recommend you buy some off Amazon instead. They are useful and won’t cost much at all.
We’re big fans of how rangefinders can help improve your shot making and overall on course strategy. They’re also a huge help train your estimation skills during your practice sessions. We’ve never heard an owner of one say they’d rather not have one.
Which is the Best Golf Rangefinder for You?
The beauty of rangefinders is that they can appeal to all skill levels of all types of players who share their passion of golf. Knowing which one is right for you can depend on a lot of factors.
Do you plan to play in tournaments? Do you play leisurely at the same course all the time? Do you travel the world to best the courses that are foreign to you?
Although I can’t tell you which one will change your golfing experience to the heights that you’ve never reached before, I can point you in the right direction to which of these top rated golf rangefinders can suit your needs and budget right now.
Start Up Level Golf Rangefinder
If you’re just starting out to golf or to rangefinders in general, you’re going to want a basic and entry level unit that’ll get you what you’re looking for – the distance to the hole.
There’s no need to have every feature available at this point. As a novice, you want to learn the game and master target acquisition.
These rangefinders are also great even if you’re a seasoned player just looking for a casual round.
For a cheap entry level rangefinder, check out these units from our top 4:
Best Entry Level (Low Budget) Rangefinders:
But, if you consider yourself a little more adept at the game, a mid level rangefinder is the way to go. Check out the section below for a recap on those.
Mid Level Golf Rangefinder
Mid level devices completely satisfy almost all golfers needs. You have basic measuring distance as well as a feature or two, say, slope compensation and a few more hundred yards to range out.
Note here that a mid level laser rangefinder is typically better in durability and cutting through bad weather to still acquire a range.
These are great for all types of players and are usually the last purchase that you’ll ever need to make. Here are the mid-priced rangefinders from our top picks:
Best Mid Level Rangefinders (Medium Budget)
- Best Without Slope: Nikon COOLSHOT 20 & GolfBuddy LR7
- Best With Slope: Nikon COOLSHOT Pro Stabilized & Bushnell Pro X2
Pro Level Golf Range Finder
There’s always people that want the best and no price can deter them. If you’re a pro, a serious player, or you simply enjoy having all there is to have in a pocket-sized device, then the premium rangefinders are definitely not off-limits to you. golf rangefinder reviews
It might take a little bit more “learning” to comfortably get used to using the device, because it’s equipped with much more than a standard unit. But, once you’ve mastered the learning process and have grown accustomed to premium-level rangefinders, you’ll probably never look back to another device again.
You should remember though, that high-tech golf rangefinders tend to be non-tournament legal, so you can’t play with it in the tournaments. However, you can shop among the units that have the interchangeable faceplate to change that illegal status to legal when you want it to be golf rangefinder reviews.
Here are the rangefinders from our top 4 that are the pro level, top-rated rangefinders: