Best Golf Ball for seniors
Choosing the best golf ball for seniors requires a different approach due to the different characteristics of senior players.Choosing a golf ball on a normal scenario is very much different from choosing one for senior players. Golf remains one of the most popular games. This remains one of the most preferred games for the senior citizens as well. In senior years, playing golf might be very much different. To make the gameplay easier and more convenient, the key is to pick the right equipment. Each piece of equipment bought for the senior players should be chosen to keep in mind the comfort of the player. best golf ball for seniors
Golf is one of the most practiced sport activities by senior citizens, for good reason, however the way you play golf as you get older might be very different then how you used to play in your younger days.
Why does it really matter? Could you not simply get a normal golf ball? For senior players, the power of the swing, as well as the timing, would differ. They might find it difficult to hit the ball as in their younger years. There are those golf balls that work great for those with a great swing. These might give a hard time for the senior players.
The aim is to make the gameplay easier and more convenient for you and therefore choosing the right equipment will help you achieve this.
While choosing from the best golf balls for seniors, it is pivotal to find one that is light enough to go the distance. Again, like with the case of selecting a ball for the average golf players, it is important to also keep in mind the skill level of the senior golf player while picking the ball. There are those that are designed for lower swing speeds.
Now, when choosing which golf ball is best for seniors, it is essential to get one which is light enough to travel the distance needed. As one grows older, the swing strength and precision start to get effected and therefore choosing a ball designed for lower swing speeds will be ideal. best golf ball for seniors in 2019
This is because extra distance might not be the only thing that a senior golfer would want. One of the other major aspects to look for is the spin of the ball. The balls that come with better spins might make better choices. These might cover the distance while also giving the benefit of consistent and measurable performance.
Getting that extra distance on your shot however is not be the only consideration a senior golfer might be looking for. Another aspect to consider is the ball spin. Therefore balls that are lighter and give that extra spin will definitely be the best choice for seniors. This way they get the benefit of distance and precision. best golf ball for seniors
We have chosen 6 models of balls which in our opinion are ideal for seniors. Let’s take a look at these below;
Also Read:- Golf Balls for average golfer
Attributes that Help Pick the Best Golf Balls for Seniors
In the following section we’re going to take a good look at the best golf balls for seniors according to our experts. If you’d like to understand what factors we took into consideration to make our selection you’ll find a detailed explanation here. best golf ball for seniors
Here are some of the aspects to keep in mind while choosing golf balls for senior golfers:
- First off, decide on your budget. Knowing how much you are willing to spend will narrow down the options since there is quite a variation in price range when it comes to golf balls.
- Swing speed is the other major parameter. As we discussed already, even the golfers with large swing speeds might find their speeds reducing with age. So choose a ball that can work with the average swing speed of the senior player.
- The next criterion that can help is the proficiency of the golfer. This would help determine the attributes to look for. There is no single choice when it comes to picking the best senior golf balls. Each comes with a design to suit a separate type of golfer.
- How skilled are you as a golfer. Even though we are choosing a suitable golf ball for seniors, you still need to consider the type of golfer and the level of skill. Golf balls are designed to suit different types of golfers.
- How much distance would the player want? This is the next big question to ask. If distance is the only criteria to focus on, then the decision might be simpler to make. Most golfers would, besides the distance, also want a better control on the ball. This would ensure that the overall game performance remains good.
- Next, comes the material of the ball and the durability. For a casual golfer, if you are looking for a ball simply for a session or 2, this might not be a deciding factor. But for the regular golfers, balls that come with hardcovers might seem better. These are not just durable, but also offer better roll on the ground. But these would spin less than the ones with a soft cover. So if spin is your primary importance, this might not be a great choice. These balls also provide great distance cover.
- The handicap type is another factor that cannot be ignored.
Golf equipment technology has evolved leaps and bounds over the years. Unlike in the past, it is much easier to pick a ball to specifically suit a particular player. This has also lead to making golf better for the senior players.
Titleist DT Trusoft Golf Balls (Bestest Overall)
No matter what your proficiency level is, you would be able to easily find a Titleist ball to suit you. The senior golf ball category is no exception. The DT solo golf balls are downright the best choices if you are looking for something that delivers all favorable features in a compact package.
Titliest is one of the best golf brands around and you’re sure to find a golf ball to suit your proficiency level within their range of different models.
DT Trusoft balls are ideal if you’re after longer distance on your shots since they also have a soft feel which makes them lighter. They also contain a solid core that helps deliver speed on every shot.
So this is the brand and make to go for if you’re looking for the longest golf balls for seniors and thankfully, this lightness does not come at the expense of ball control.
If you are looking for a long distance golf ball, then this one can be bought without a second thought. This also comes with a softer feel on the ground. This makes them cover extra distance for every hit. To enhance the surface coverage, this ball comes with an improved dimple design.
For senior golf players, the Titliest DT Trusoft golf balls are probably the best choice overall since they deliver a good mix of all the features we mentioned above.
Another great aspect about this ball is the impressive control it offers. This makes it a great choice for senior players of all skill levels. The responsive ball has been popular among the senior golfers mainly because of its consistent performance. The ball comes with a soft core that is also responsible for the speed it delivers.
Even though they’re light, the design of these balls, with dimples on the surface allows for better control and responsiveness which therefore make it ideal for all type of senior golfers, whatever their skill level.
Definitely one of the most popular golf balls with senior golfers, thanks to its great all round performance, the Titleist DT Trusoft goes at the top of our list as the best golf ball for seniors.
- Designed featuring 376 tetrahedral dimples that offer better coverage and control on the ground
- Delivers great speed thanks to its solid core
- The short game performance of the ball is one of the features that makes it popular
- The monomer cover of the ball makes it pretty responsive
- Very responsive
- The softest compression Titleist
- New longer distance through low long game spin
- Trusted quality and consistency
- New improved short game performance for stopping power
- Not the best ball for accuracy. Other balls featured in this post can deliver better performance in this regard.If you are looking for accuracy, there are other balls in this segment that perform better.
Callaway Supersoft Golf Balls (Low compression)
The name says it all. This golf ball is one of the softest you’ll find on the market, which means that you’re guaranteed a long, straight delivery on every hit.this is indeed one of the softest senior golf balls you’ll come across. Every time you hit the ball you can be assured of a long and straight delivery. The distance covered is also one of the best in the segment. To improve the distance on the ground for every hit, the ball has been designed with lower spin capacity and low compression.
The low compression and spin capacity of the ball ensures better distance even on the ground.In fact, this low compression (only 35 compression points) is what makes the Callaway Supersoft Golf Balls, well, super soft!
Talking about the compression points, there are only 35 of them. The lower number of compression points make these balls the softest ones available. The low compression core is what causes the ball to achieve greater speeds even for lower swing speeds and intensity. And as the ball doesn’t spin much, you can also achieve a straight and accurate shot. The flight of the ball is responsive and focused to suit your aim every time.
Add to this the fact that it spins less than the average golf ball, then you can hit a long straight shot with minimum effort. Whether it goes where you want it to will then depend on your accuracy!
Let me explain why.
The lower the compression core of the ball, the greater the speed it will allow for. So, even with a less swing speed the ball will travel faster and for a longer distance.
- The softness of the ball adds to the distance cover it can deliver. Covers more distance thanks to its soft core
- Ideal for the more skilled senior golfers that appreciate a responsive, accurate ball.For the skilled senior golfers looking for ultimate accuracy, this ball makes a great choice
- The lower spin on the ball can make it a good choice even for beginners since the ball will not swerve as much while in the air.Even for the beginners, this ball can make a great choice as it comes with lower spins. This makes it easier to aim the hits. And once you have directed the ball on its trajectory, it is less likely to deviate as it would not be spinning too much during the flight.
- The lower spin might not be desirable for the more experienced senior golfers.The softness of the ball might make it feel a bit out of control for the skilled golfers.
Bridgestone E5 High Flight (Cheapest)
If you are looking for something that would offer great lifts, here is a ball that would not disappoint you. You would definitely not regret buying this pack as it comes with a lot of performance benefits that make it a popular choice among senior golfers.This is another popular choice for senior golfers thanks to the various benefits it offers.
True to the main feature it delivers, the lifts are maintained consistently well every time thanks to the double dimple pattern in the design. The ball is penetrative when it comes to the flight performance.The best feature is the lifts it delivers which are constant on every hit. This is possible because of its outer design with a double dimple pattern.
This is how it achieves the focused trajectory without a trouble. So once you hit the ball, there is no stopping it.So, once its in the air, the Bridgestone E5 High Flight will fly high and far.
Performance of the ball on the ground is also extremely good and if you don’t make the hit it will be difficult to blame it on this ball.
- Design of the ball allows for extra distance covered and longer time in the air.The surface coverage has been greatly improved in this model thanks to the “326-web dimple pattern” on the ball.
- Less expensive than the other models in this review.This is one of the least expensive senior golf balls in the market
- The carry achieved is what helps the ball cover the extra distance it promises.Equally good on the ground as it is in the air
- The new and improved design of the ball also offers longer flight duration with the speeds that cannot be dampened easily.
- The roll once the ball hits the ground is equally on par with the flight performance. So it can hit the target with greater ease every time
- Due to the higher and longer flight duration, this would require better-calculated shots. This makes it a tough one to handle for the beginners.May be difficult to handle for beginners since higher and longer distance covered by this ball will require a more skilled approach when taking the shot.
Noodle Plus Easy Distance Balls (Best for Slow Swing Speed)
If you are looking for a golf ball in the senior category, one that would deliver a reasonable speed with ease, here is one for you. Made of rubber and plastic, this ball is available in a durable build. Specially crafted for those with lighter and slower swings, this ball makes a great option for the senior golfer players.This ball is made from plastic and rubber and delivers sensible speed with minimal effort. This makes it ideal for senior golfers with a slower and lighter swing.
Ideally, even those with swing speeds as low as 85mph or lower can easily achieve a decent performance with this ball. Talking about its performance on the ground, this one feels pretty soft. This delivers a good roll to reach the target.So, if your swing is not as strong anymore then the Noodle Plus will give you a hand and accelerate the shot.
This Taylormade branded ball is quite soft and delivers a satisfactory performance on the ground also.
- The ease of hitting the ball makes it a versatile choice. It is great not just for the senior players, but also for the beginners and female golfers who are yet to work on their swing as well as for junior golfers.This ball is ideal for seniors, women golfers and also younger players who are just starting out and have not mastered their swing strength yet.
- The stable 2-piece construction of the ball offers it a reliable build
- The iothane cover that can be found on the ball is durable on the inside and soft to feel on the outside.The outer cover is made of iothane which is soft to the touch however very durable on the inside.
- There are not many negatives you would notice about this ball if you are picking it for beginner level golfers. You would, however, have to sacrifice on the aesthetics as it comes in a single color option.Not many negative points for this ball if it’s being considered for beginners. Probably if we had to find one it would be the quantity options, since it basically comes only in one pack of 12 balls.
Srixon AD333 Golf Balls (Runner-up for Overall performance)
Much like the Titleist ball we earlier saw, this one also delivers an overall impressive performance. This makes it an easy choice for senior golfers, be it for yourself or to choose as a gift. This is also one of the most popular ones in terms of durability.We have included the Srixon AD333 because it delivers an all round performance similar to the Titleist, which therefore makes it a good choice for Seniors.
So buy a dozen pack and then forget about looking to refill your stash. The durability of the ball is mainly attributed to the resilience of the rabalon hr+ and para-tetra cover of the ball. The material, though thin, is known for exceptional quality.Now this is one of the more expensive balls on the market, however thanks to its durability, these balls will serve you for quite a while so economically it might make sense to go for this model.
- For a more directed and focused trajectory, this ball has been designed to deliver lower drag.Designed to deliver lower drag.
- The “gradient growth core” of the ball offers a great launch response and flight.
- Longer flight time thanks to thin material cover.The thin material cover of the ball gives it a soft feel on the outside thus resulting in longer flight times as well.
- Aerodynamic design allows for more accurate cuts while in the air.To make sharper and more accurate cuts during the flight, the balls have been designed with a new dimple design.The design also includes a lot of improvements in the overall aerodynamics of the ball.
- Among the other golf balls, we have reviewed this one is the most expensive. But given the performance and long life, the price would be totally justified in the long run, for the hardcore golfers.More expensive then the other alternatives reviewed here. Better suited for regular senior golfers
TaylorMade Burner Golf Balls (The Best Senior Golf Balls for Game Improvement)
The TaylorMade Burner Golf Balls have a two-piece design with 342 dimples. This, in combination with a 60 compression value will help you achieve the performance you desire and actually improve.
- This ball is powerful and playable
- Optimal distance and speed.
- Legendary burner distance
- Good spin control.
- Extremely soft feel
- Highly durable.
- This might seem weird, but we hate the sound the ball makes at impact.
What to look for when picking the best golf balls for seniors
So, we have seen the reviews of the 6 golf balls that we have chosen, however I think it makes sense to explain what factors we have taken into consideration when making our choice. best golf ball for seniors
Golf balls come with compression measurements between 0 to 200.
Low compression means that the ball will deform more when the club hits it and consequently result in further distance in the air which makes it ideal if your swing is less powerful.
High compression balls will require a stronger swing and hit to get the same distance in the air.
Golf Ball Material
There are 2 golf ball materials you should be looking for , that is, suryn and urethane.
Suryn balls are firmer compared the urethane onces which means they allow for less spin and as a consequence, more control.
In other words you should achieve a straight flight when you hit the ball, however this comes at the expense lower ball height.
Urethane golf balls on the other hand are softer and therefore allow for longer distances with minimum effort, which is ideal for senior golfers with slower swing speeds. The downside is that they also come with more spin and therefore this means, less control.
Golf Ball Dimples
The dimples are designed in golf balls in order to offset air resistance by trapping the air within the dimples and moving it along the surface. This allows for more height and distance on the shot. best golf ball for seniors
Dimples, however, also determine the spin of the ball. In other words, the deeper the dimples, the better the spin. Senior golfers would maybe prefer less back spin in order to get more distance on the hit. best golf ball for seniors
Double layered construction design is the ideal choice for senior golfers since they often have a slower swing.
Why? best golf ball for seniors
Well, double layered balls combine sturdiness with greater distance. Plus they are more affordable.
Triple layered design will give you more spin however at the expense of longer distance.
Frequently Asked Questions Related To Best Golf Ball For Seniors
What is the best golf ball for the average player?
- Titleist NXT Tour (best golf ball overall)
- Taylormade Project (a) (best tour quality ball for low swing speeds)
- Titleist Velocity (best golf ball for distance)
- Srixon Q Star (best golf ball for greenside spin)
- Bridgestone e6 (best golf ball for straight ball flight)
What are the best golf balls for high handicappers?
- Bridgestone E5 2015 Performance Distance Golf Balls. The Bridgestone E5 is a unique golf ball in the industry. …
- Callaway Chrome Soft 16 Low Compression Golf Balls. …
- Srixon Soft Feel 2015 Low Compression Golf Balls.
What golf ball is best for slow swing speeds?
- Callaway Super Hot 70 (perfect compression for this swing speed)
- Srixon Soft Feel (best bang for the buck) best golf ball for seniors
- Bridgestone E6 Speed (best for long straight drives. best golf ball for seniors
- Volvik Vivid (best for distance and looks)
What golf ball goes the furthest?
The Nike 20XI and the Callaway Hex Black golf balls both traveled farther than the Titleist Pro V1. Interestingly enough, the Callaway Hex Black balls flew the furthest in the air, but they rolled the least out of the three golf balls tested best golf ball for seniors .
What’s the best golf ball for a mid handicapper?
- Titleist NXT Tour (best of the best all-round golf ball)
- Srixon Q-Star (best for green side spin)
- Callaway SuperSoft (best for super soft feel)
- Bridgestone E6 Soft (best for hitting it straighter)
- Taylormade Project (a) (best value Tour quality ball)
Which brand of golf ball is best?
As we have clearly seen, each ball in our list comes with its own share of benefits. So it is hard to pick the Best Golf Ball For Seniors from the list of best golf ball for seniors.
If you’re looking for a fuss-free choice of a senior golf ball, one that would deliver a decent performance every time, then Titleist might appear the easiest choice. On similar lines, if you are ready to spend a little extra, the Srixon balls are great as well.
But for the casual golfers looking for an economical purchase, Bridgestone Golf Balls are what you might need.
If you know well the swing speeds and the game performance of the golfer, then picking the right one from this list would be an easy shot. But remember that with every golf ball, it takes few games to get the knack of the performance of the ball. best golf ball for seniors
The Titleist DT Trusoft Golf Balls have taken our number one spot as best golf balls for seniors since they can give the greatest all-round feature combination to allow senior golfers to continue playing their game at satisfactory levels.